Course details (41 minutes)
- Engaged students become more active learners. Help set learners up for success by teaching in a more interactive and immersive way. In this course, professor and instructional designer Karl Kapp explores teaching strategies that engage learners and make learning stick—whether you're teaching face-to-face or in an online classroom setting. Explore different lesson formats and activities that increase cognitive engagement, knowledge retention, and collaboration. Dr. Kapp explores both time-tested and cutting-edge tools, including index cards and charts and digital tools such as wikis and blogs.
- Understanding the value of engaged learners
- Using index cards and flip charts
- Role playing
- Asking learners to give presentations
- Using blogs, wikis, and other collaborative tools