Champion (USD10,000 award) - Lisa Trescott, Research Analyst at MiraCosta College
- Lisa Trescott is a research analyst at MiraCosta College. She supports the efforts of student equity and achievement programs and uses Tableau on a daily basis to examine student outcomes, help identify students in need, and assist the college with strategic planning.
- Lisa has a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from the University of California San Diego, and a Master’s degree in Psychological Research from California State University, Long Beach. She started using Tableau four years ago when she joined MiraCosta College, and it quickly became integral to her data analysis.
- Lisa started becoming active in the Tableau Community in March 2021, when she joined Twitter to submit a Real World Fake Data (RWFD) dashboard. Since then, she’s been vizzing for fun in her spare time and is in awe of all the resources and support she was missing out on before joining the #DataFam.
- In her spare time, Lisa enjoys crafting, board games, playing with her cats, and traveling.
Pradeep Kumar G, Senior Tableau Consultant at Beinex Solutions LLC
- Pradeep Kumar works as a Senior Tableau Consultant for Beinex in India. He creates business dashboards with Tableau to help clients in the automotive sector achieve their sales targets and improve customer retention.
- Pradeep completed his Bachelor’s Degree from Kongu Engineering College in Erode, Tamil Nadu. He's also a Tableau Public Ambassador and Vizzie 2019 co-winner. He was introduced to Tableau when he joined his first organization as an Analyst Trainee in 2018. He still remembers the first dashboard he created with Tableau, which used the sample superstore data set and drew the attention of his entire team.
- Pradeep started using Tableau Public during his first Iron Viz participation in August 2018. Since then, he's been actively participating in community-led projects such as #MakeoverMonday, #IronQuest, #ProjectHealthViz, and #RWFD challenges. Pradeep likes to create business dashboards with Tableau. His visualizations convey compelling data stories by leveraging simple charts, including bar charts, line charts, and area charts. In his leisure time, he likes to watch animated movies and travel to places with his friends.
Samuel Parsons, Senior Analytics Consultant at Biztory
- Samuel Parsons works in the United Kingdom as a Senior Analytics Consultant for Biztory, a Tableau Gold Partner. He uses Tableau daily to create solutions for client needs, help them read and understand their data, and harness the power of visualisation to help their analyses.
- Samuel studied for a Bachelor’s in Product Design and Manufacturer at Loughborough University, and this engineering design course gave Sam the building blocks for a successful transition into the world of Data Visualisation from his previous career as a Business Analyst in Finance. He also is a Tableau Desktop Certified Professional and one of the current Tableau Zen Masters.
- Sam started using Tableau in Spring 2018 and quickly recognized Tableau’s flexibility in enabling its users to present data in a myriad of different forms. Initially, Sam took part in community projects such as Makeover Monday and Sports Viz Sunday, but then he quickly started to test his ability by entering Iron Viz.
- Away from the world of Data, Sam spends his spare time mostly with his family, running with his three children and working to train his two St. Berdoodle puppies.
Andy Cotgreave, Technical Evangelist at Tableau
- Andy Cotgreave, a Technical Evangelist at Tableau, is a co-author of The Big Book of Dashboards. He's also the host of If Data Could Talk, a co-host of Chart Chat, and a columnist for Information Age. He has over 15 years of experience in data visualization and business intelligence, first honing his skills as an analyst at the University of Oxford.
- Andy helps customers, media, and analysts across all industries see and understand their data. He has inspired thousands of people with technical advice and ideas for how to identify trends in visual analytics and develop their own data discovery skills.
- Keep in touch with Andy by subscribing to his Sweet Spot newsletter, which curates stories of how data intersects with the world, or follow him on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Tanushree Rohera, Solution Engineer at Tableau
- Tanu(shree) is a Solution Engineer from Tableau Singapore. She joined Tableau in June of 2018, after graduating in Marketing and Analytics. At Tableau, she primarily works with businesses of varying sizes across the APAC market to help them realize more value from their data. Her absolute favorite Tableau feature is Tableau Prep, and she loves the world of data journalism. During her free time, you can find Tanu cycling around Singapore, designing things on Canva , organizing, and cooking. (And yes, Indian food is her specialty.)
Laura Granek, Solution Engineer at Tableau
- Laura is a Solution Engineer at Tableau’s London office, where she advises our customers in Northern Europe, Middle East, and Africa. Originally from Amsterdam, Laura came to London to pursue her Master's Degree in International Economics. At Tableau, she now helps customers get the most out of their data all over the world and creates strategies that turn everyone into data people. Besides vizzing, Laura loves to cycle through the city, find a nice bakery, and search for some sun rays.
Christian Felix, Solution Engineer at Tableau
- Christian Felix recently joined Tableau as a Lead Solution Engineer. Christian discovered Tableau through the free academic license while he was a student at Texas A&M. He immediately found the software awesome, fell in love with it, and has never looked back.
- Since 2018, when he first started using Tableau Public, he's been a regular contributor to #ProjectHealthViz, and he loves the opportunity afforded by Tableau Public to contribute meaningfully to important topics and issues through the power of data visualization.
- Christian has a Bachelor's and a Master's Degree in Finance from the University of Arizona and has completed graduate coursework in Analytics at Texas A&M. He is also a Tableau Desktop Certified Associate and a leader of the Tucson Tableau user group.
Taha Ebrahimi, Director, Tableau Public at Tableau
- Taha Ebrahimi joined Tableau Software’s marketing organization in 2018 as Director of Tableau Public. Prior to that, she was SVP and Global Head of Strategic Content at risk management and consulting firm Marsh, where she first discovered Tableau Public and introduced it at her organization to publish their complex quarterly world insurance report. Taha is passionate about the storytelling power of data visualization to democratize the understanding of complex data insights.
- Taha began her career as a journalist at The Seattle Times in 2003, has taught writing at the University of Pittsburgh, and has been a recipient of fellowships granted by The Thomas J. Watson Foundation (IBM) and the Mid-Atlantic Arts Foundation.
- Taha loves learning, and data visualization is how she naturally understands best. During the pandemic, she learned about different tree species by hand-drawing analog data visualizations, mapping the trees in her neighborhood.
Keshia Rose, Product Management Senior Manager at Tableau
- Keshia Rose is a Developer Advocate who focuses on enabling developers to create awesome integrations with Tableau APIs. Whether she’s building samples and prototypes or managing partner relationships and engaging with the developer community, she helps influence features that help developers automate, extend, and customize Tableau. In her spare time, she enjoys going to concerts, traveling, cooking, and playing video games.
Esther Aller, Customer Solutions Senior Analyst at Tableau
- Esther is a Senior Analyst for Tableau’s Customer Solutions org. She believes strongly in Tableau’s mission to empower people to use data and lives that by answering questions on the Tableau forums as a Data Diplomat, helping customers as a Tableau Doctor, and contributing internally as a Data Doctor. She even gave a talk at Tableau Conference on troubleshooting calculations. This will be her seventh TC, and although she misses the energy of the in-person events, she always loves the chance to connect with our customers!
Jock Mackinlay, Technical Fellow at Tableau
- Jock D. Mackinlay, an expert in visual analytics and human-computer interaction, is the first Technical Fellow at Tableau Software. He believes that well-designed software can help a wide range of individuals and organizations to work effectively with data, which will improve the world. Jock joined Tableau in 2004 after being on the PhD dissertation committee of Chris Stolte, one of the cofounders of Tableau. Jock got a computer science PhD at Stanford University in 1986 and joined the research team at Xerox PARC that coined the phrase “Information Visualization.” In 2009, Jock received the IEEE Visualization Technical Achievement Award for his seminal technical work on automatic presentation tools and new visual metaphors for information visualization.
Larissa Amoroso, Senior Director, Tableau Community at Tableau
- Larissa Amoroso, Senior Director of the Tableau Community, has been with Tableau for eight years. In this role, Larissa is responsible for fostering an incredible Community where like-minded data rockstars can truly shine. With a passion for highlighting the voice of customers and building communities, Larissa brings over 15 years of experience leading cross-functional teams to create engaging experiences that inspire customers and drive action.