Watch Recording (PIN: HU4ZGS)
- Tuesday 17 May 2022 12:00 noon — 1:30 p.m. HKT
- Tony Maguire, Regional Director, D2L Australia
- Lis Conde (Ph.D.), Learning Designer, Victorian Academy of Teaching and Leadership
- Mark Ricksen, Principal Product Manager, Assessment Services, Turnitin
- Host: Chukwudi Ogoh, Senior Assessment Technologies Consultant, Turnitin
- As the landscape of teaching and learning evolves, a familiar question persists - which assessment practices and approaches will best support our cohort of learners and how do we make assessment work for learning?
- This webcast brings together experts in the further education space and evaluates effective methods to develop competency-based and authentic assessments. We’ll look at strategies to go beyond grades and explore evaluative thinking in the design of formative assessments as a method and process of evidence collection.
The session will cover:
- Exploring approaches to humanise assessments and use cases and trends in further education
- Unpacking what makes for a robust assessment and what designing for authenticity entails
- Approaches to design competency-based assessments that support evidence collection
- Evaluative thinking in the design of Problem-based and project-based learning assessments to develop student skills and mindsets on given subject matter
- Practice-based examples on how to foster the critical thinking skills of learners in the context of continuous evaluation of their own practice
- Harnessing learning analytics and assessment data points to inform and support learning
- Technology enabled formative assessment practices
Who should attend:
- Educators and administrators in further education who are involved in the design and delivery of student assessment and seeking to strengthen their approach to competency-based and authentic teaching and learning practices.