11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Educating for Future Skills Panel Session
[LT1] Educating for Future Skills (Catalyst case-Study and panel)
- The Worldwide Educating for the Future Index (2017) created by The Economist Intelligence Unit evaluated the extent to which education systems are preparing students for the demands of work and inculcate ‘future skills’ in the 15-24 age band across 35 economies. Hear representatives from across the top three economies talk about their home country education systems and provide responses to the Catalyst Cast Study sharing of current education practices by the English Schools Foundation (Hong Kong).
- Moderators: Dr. Michael Wang, DED(A), VTC, & Sammi Sau-man Yip, THEi, HK
Catalyst Case Study – Stewart Redden, Learning and Teaching Adviser, English Schools Foundation (ESF)
- Dr. Louise Starkey, Associate Professor, Faculty of Education, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Denise Amyot, President/CEO Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICAN), Canada
- Dr. Liisa Kairisto-Mertanen, Executive Principal Lecturer, Turku University of Applied Sciences, Finland