Skip to Main Content
- THEi was established and first started with 268 students
- 6 programmes started, including AD, FD, PD, CE, EEM, and SRM
- CLE - CLE(Centre of Learning Enhancement) setup on TY campus, provides language activities and support for THEi students. CLE works with Chatteris to support THEi students with their English language learning.
- THEi took over SBI TY Campus (12/13-Present)
- The use of HKDI Campus (14/15-17/18)
- The use of IVE(CW) Campuses (12/13, 13/14)
- Establishment of LRC Learning Resources Centre
- 2 programmes started, including (BA)LA and HC
- SGEL - CLE starts to provide write advice services.
- 4 programmes started, including CAM, HOM, PA, and MTI
- CW new campus started construction work
- 5 programmes started, including HALM, (B)LA, PRM, BSE, and FSS
- SSSDP scheme was introduced, 6 programmes joined, including (BA)LA, CE, EEM, FD, PD, and CAM
- SGEL - Renaming of “Department of General Education” to “SGEL”
- THEi acquired Kowloon Tong Campus (15/16 & 16/17) for FMH & FDE
- 3 programmes started, including RM, ICT, and SUR
- PA – RGC grants Conference – “Business Sustainability and Corporate Governance – Performance, Reporting and Assurance” (2 days @ Hotel ICON)
- SRM - setup of THEi-HKRU Elite Performance Centre at the Kowloon Tong campus
- T&C programme started
- Faculty FMH and FDE, and OUs were relocated from the Kowloon Tong campus to Chai Wan new campus
- AE and CMP programmes started
- Renaming of LRC to Learning Commons (LC)
- FMH - Grand Opening of Spring to Club Members
- SGEL - CLE (Centre of Learning Enhancement) setup in both TY and CW campuses.
- SGEL - The Fourth International Conference on Linguistics and Language Studies (ICLLS 2018) was hosted by the SGEL on 15–16 June 2018 at the Chai Wan campus of THEi, with over 50 delegates from China, Japan, Italy, Algeria, Korea, Denmark, India and other countries participating.
- THEi Chai Wan Campus Opening Ceremony by HKSAR Chief Executive
- SGEL - Revamp of GE Curriculum
- Renaming of LC to Learning Commons & Digital Innovation (LCDI)
- SGEL - The SGEL organised its first General Education symposium titled “Professional Development Symposium: Reflections on Pedagogy in the 21st century” on 3 June 2021.
- SGEL - Organised its second General Education symposium titled “Futures of Learning & Teaching” on 21 June 2022.