PressReader delivers the world’s newspapers and magazines to millions of readers the way they want to receive them - in print, online, or on their mobile device, tablet or eReader - wherever they live, travel, work or play. PressReader offers access to more than 6,000 newspapers and magazines from more than 100 countries in 60+ languages. With PressReader, you can hold an enhanced digital replica of your favorite publication in your hands and read it from cover to cover, just the way the title was printed, with no compromises in quality, fidelity or content.
PressReader Key Features
For online browsing, please refer to :
Press "登錄" or "Login" at the top right hand corner of PressrReader homepage.
Click "圖書館或小組" or "Library or Group"
Type in "vocational training council" and click VTC.
Sign up with your VTC email. You will receive a verification email after clicking "create my account".
1. The green cup icon is an indicator that the you are authenticated to the library’s PressReader account. If the cup is not green, you will be accessing PressReader in preview mode only.
2. Three lines in upper left corner will open a menu to navigate throughout the PressReader interface.
3. The PressReader icon in the top middle of the screen will reveal a drop down menu of choices for interacting with the Home Feed such as customizing the top stories, adding different sections—such as business or sports, showing your Topics, and more.
4. The grid of dots offers a set of choices for interacting with the article such as switching to Page View, Listening, Translating, and Printing. Other options are available when you are logged into a personal account (Save to Collection, Comment, and Share).
5. The Sign In option allows you to immediately sign into the personal account option.
6. The search box provides many options for searching content within PressReader: by tag, opinion, channel, and general keyword.
7. The three vertical dots in the upper right corner provide options for translating, listening, or changing the font of the Home Feed. It is also where the Interface Language can be changed for PressReader.
8. The green arrow at the bottom corner of article previews will expand the article to reveal the entire text.
1. Can I use PressReader after I leave the library?
A: PressReader offers offsite access to the platform, courtesy of the library or institution. That means, you can use PressReader after leaving the premise for a predetermined period of time. Currently users are allowed to have 30 days access rights after the first login under VTC network connections. You may renew the access rights by email verifications or access through VTC VPN, https://vpnweb.vtc.edu.hk.
2. Why some titles or issues are missing?
A: The publisher does not publish on a specific day of the week. It is also possible the title is restricted for the region.
3. How many back issues would be available for reading?
A: It depends on publisher's availabilities. Some titles may have back issues more than 3 years or longer.
For other questions, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.