There are thousands of e-journals/database publishers. You may use Discovery Search to find articles and get the persistent links for sharing them with others. The Discovery Search allows you to search through many of our library resources at once through a single search box.
Alternatively, you may share the persistent links of articles from the e-journals/database publishers. This guide lists out 3 of the most common use journal databases. These search examples may help you to determine where the link icon or persistent link is, in a few easy steps.
1. Go to our VTC Library Homepage, input your search terms and click E-Resources.
2. In search results, move your mouse cursor to the Preview icon.
3. Then you can get the persistent link of that record.
4. You can highlight the link, press Control+C to copy the link and share the link with others.
5. When other people open your shared link of resource, the following screen will be displayed. Valid VTC users can click Full Text Online button to open the full text.
1. Go to VTC Library Homepage and open E-Databases. If you use Discovery Search to find a record, Discovery Search will direct you to step 4 and you can skip step 2-3.
3. Key in your search term in EBSCOHost .
4. Open a record.
5. Click the "Permalink" icon and you will see a pop up with permanent link. You may share this resources with others by providing the permanent link.
1. Please open ProQuest via E-Database of VTC Library Homepage. If you use Discovery Search to open a record, Discovery Search will direct you to the step 2.
2. Open a record (e.g an article)
3. Then, find the "Cite" button for getting the persistent link for sharing.
4. Highlight the persistent link and press Control+C to copy the persistent link. You can paste the persistent link to your content for sharing.
1. Please open emerald via E-Database of VTC Library Homepage. If you use Discovery Search to open a record, Discovery Search will direct you to the step 2.
2. Open an e-resource.
3. Click "Download Citation".
4. You may copy the persistent link (highlight it and press Control+C) for sharing the full text by providing the persistent link (paste it by pressing Control+V).